Nuptse shares in the glory of the Everest Massif and is the southern border of the Western Cwm. It’s joined on the tight by Lhotse via Tenzing Peak. Viewed from the Kalapatthar it appears as a massive wall guarding the approach to Everest.
Mt. Nuptse the highest among 7,000 meters peaks at 7,861 meters the climb is regarded as one of the toughest technical mountains to climb to its summit top. Mount Nuptse was first ascended by British national Dennis Davis and Nepali national- Sherpa Tashi on the north ridge (Scott-route) on May 16, 1961. Mount Nuptse expedition emerges as a massive wall guarding Mount Everest when it is viewed from the Tengboche Monastery. The name 'Nup-tse' originated from the Tibetan language meaning ''west-peak''.
The summit of Nuptse is extremely dangerous due to loose snow with a lot of hollows, and there are also weakly attached cornices of snow. This provides a barrier to climbing, yet is not sturdy enough for safe climbing.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Rest in Kathmandu, Expedition Briefing and PreparationB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,800m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazzar (3,440m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar (rest day)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tyangboche Monastry (3,860m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4,243m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,930m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (5,364m)B/L/DTent
Climbing Period [Base Camp – Nuptse Summit (7,861m) – Base Camp]B/L/DTent
Base Camp CleanupB/L/DTent
Trek from Base Camp to Pheriche (4,371m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Pheriche to Namche BazaarB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazaar to LuklaB/L/DLodge
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu & transfer to HotelB/LHotel
Leisure day in Kathmandu CityBreakfastHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu (3-star category) on a bed & breakfast Sharing Basis (Twin Bed Room).
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Nepal’s Custom Department, clearance cost is subject to a charge. *before the expedition
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Nuptse, Sagarmatha National Park permits, TIMS CARD & Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entry Permit and its fee.
- KHUMBU ICEFALL CHARGES : Khumbu Ice Fall climbing charge to (SPCC) Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : (*Standard Route Itinerary) :(Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- EXPEDITION STUFF TRANSPORTATION : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and to Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo). Based on the condition expedition stuff may transfer by land (KTM-Phaplu) or Heli (KTM-Lukla).
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carried by porters or Yaks.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek and at the Basecamp. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staffs.
- PORTERS : Porters per member up to Base camp from Lukla & Porters return from Base camp to Lukla.
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, battery charge, for laptop and other electronic devices.
- BAR & BAKERY FACILITY : Bakery and bar will be at Base Camp with the joining group of Seven Summit Treks.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and Government Licensed per member. (1 Member: 1 Sherpa).
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- BONUS : Carry Bonus of Sherpas and Route Fixing Charges.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- BACK UP OXYGEN : Back up Oxygen Cylinder, mask, and regulator (with appropriate charge).
- GAMOW BAG : 1 Rescue sled (Gamow bag) for an emergency.
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot, High food for the member, Sherpa, and other crews at (C1) (C2) (C3) and (C4). Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- ROPE FIXING : The team of experienced Sherpas will fix the route In Mt. Nuptse (no extra charge will be applied to members).
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members with appropriate charge.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- WALKIE-TALKIE PEMIT : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Internet facility (1 Mbps) will be available at the Base Camp (subject to a charge).
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for members and staff.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Nuptse climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Mt. Nuptse successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee $60 USD per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days is $120 USD).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, Helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs).
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 1200 USD.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.