|Country:||Nepal||Peak Name:||Mt. Kangchenjunga|
|Duration:||52 Days||Route:||N-Face Route|
|Weather Reports:||Report||Range:||Kangchenjunga Range|
Mount Kangchenjunga; Standing at 8586 m Kanchanjunga is the third highest peak in the world and the second-highest in Nepal. A British team first climbed it in 1956. The peak consists of four summits. The west summit, Yalung Kang, is 8420m high, and some people classify it as a separate 8000m peak. Kangchenjunga (8586m) range lies in the extreme northwest of Nepal. Which is aligned north to south along the Nepal-Sikkim border. The old hill resort of Darjeeling made it one of the better-known mountains during the initial phase of Himalayan exploration.
The name “Kanchenjunga” is delivered from the Tibetan word ’Kanchen' and ‘Dzonga’ translated means "The Five Treasures of the Great Snows", as it contains five peaks, Kanchenjunga I (8586m), Kanchenjunga West (8505m), Kanchenjunga South (8494m) and Kangbachen (7903m). The treasures represent the five repositories of God, which are gold, silver, gems, grain, and holy books.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Rest in Kathmandu: Expedition Briefing and PreparationB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur and Drive to PhidimB/L/DLodge
Drive from Phidim to Khandenba by JeepB/L/DLodge
Trek from Khandenba to Khewang (1,740m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Khewang to Yamphudin (2,080m)B/L/DTent
Acclimatization in Yamphudin (Rest Day)B/L/DTent
Trek from Yamphudin to Tortong (2,995m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Tortong to Tseram (3,870m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Tseram to Ramche (4,580m)B/L/DTent
Acclimatization in Ramche (rest day)B/L/DTent
Acclimatization in Ramche (rest day)B/L/DTent
Trek from Ramche to Glacier Camp (4,890m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Glacier Camp to Kangchenjunga Basecamp – 5,475mB/L/DTent
Climbing Period [Basecamp – Kangchenjunga Summit (8,586m) – Basecamp]B/L/DTent
Trek from Basecamp to RamcheB/L/DTent
Trek from Ramche to TortongB/L/DTent
Trek from Tortong to YamphudinB/L/DTent
Trek from Yamphudin to KhewangB/L/DTent
Trek from Khewang to KhandenbaB/L/DLodge
Drive from Khandenba to Bhadrapur & Transfer to the Hotel: via PhidimB/L/DHotel
Fly from Bhadrapur to Kathmandu & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Leisure day in Kathmandu CityBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 4 nights of hotel accommodation (3-star category) in Kathmandu on BB plan- Single room supplementary.
- HOTEL IN BHADRAPUR : 1-night Hotel in Bhadrapur, twin bedroom sharing basis.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Nepal’s Custom Department, clearance cost is subject to a charge. *Before the expedition.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Kanchenjunga, Restricted area permit and all necessary paperwork and its fee.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance of all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and the expedition.
- MAP : Trekking Route Map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : (Standard Route Itinerary) Transportation (Domestic Flight): Fly from Kathmandu – to Bhadrapur and drive from Bhadrapur up to Khadenba (by Jeep). As per itinerary while returning Drive from Khadenba up to Bhadrapur and from Bhadrapur Fly to Kathmandu.
- EXPEDITION STUFF TRANSPORTATION : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staff from Kathmandu to Phidim / Khadenba (by Truck) and from Phidim / Khadenba to Basecamp (By Porters) – While returning: Basecamp to Khadenba / Phidim (by Porters) and Kathmandu (by Truck).
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 70 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carried by the porter.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and Basecamp. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staffs.
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT : All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- PORTERS : Porters per member up to Base camp from Khadenba & while returning porters from Base camp to Khadenba.
- BASE CAMP STAFFS : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff’s & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Sherpa per member. (1 Member: 1 Sherpa).
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Summit Oxygen: 3 oxygen bottles (4 ltrs.) for each member and 2-oxygen bottles for each high-altitude Sherpa. **
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks & regulator for each member, and high-altitude Sherpa. **
- BACK UP OXYGEN : Back up Oxygen Cylinder, mask, and regulator (with appropriate charge).
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot, High food for a member, Sherpa, and other crews at (C1) (C2) (C3) and (C4). Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- ROPE FIXING : The experienced Sherpas (Personal Sherpa) team will fix the route on Kangchenjunga (no extra charge will be applied to full board members).
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members with appropriate charge.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- WALKIE-TALKIE PERMIT : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for group and staff.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Mt. Kanchenjunga climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Mt. Kanchenjunga successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee $60 USD per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days is $120 USD).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high-altitude insurance, accident, Helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs).
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek/expedition.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for a climbing Sherpa- Minimum 1500 USD.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for Basecamp staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.