This Expedition is designed for those who are willing to make double 8000ers at once, which carries out high elevations including ascents of Mt. K2 and Mt. Broad Peak. The K2 and Broad Peak Expedition is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to summit two of the world's most challenging peaks climbing together in a single season. K2, also known as Savage Mountain, is the 2nd highest peak in the world and is considered one of the most difficult and dangerous mountains to climb whereas Broad Peak, the 12th highest peak in the world, is a relatively easier peak to climb than K2. This package includes all the logistical support for the duration of the expedition. You will embark on a journey that will test your physical and mental strength, and reward you with unforgettable views and a sense of accomplishment that few have experienced.
The challenge of climbing a double 8000m mountain is a major motivation that brings climbers to try to conquer these mountains. We proudly can say that we are the ones who hold a high success rate on K2 and Broad Peak. The expedition will be fully supported by a great Nepalese Sherpa team with previous experience in K2 and Broad Peak climbing and technically skilled and worked with Seven Summit Treks. The Sherpa will have perfect knowledge of climbing, risk management, friendly behavior, and be highly motivated.
K2 & BROAD PEAK (2023) Expedition Leader: Chhang Dawa Sherpa
Mr. Chhang Dawa Sherpa (July -30-1982), Expedition Manager of Seven Summit Treks is the second person among Nepalese who successfully summit 14 mountains of the world that are above 8000 meters. As in previous years, he will be leading and guiding the whole team of SST in K2 and Broad Peak, it was a great success in 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, and 2022 under the leadership of Dawa. Under his leadership, SST conducted a successful expedition overall of 8000m peaks in Nepal, China, and Pakistan. A notable climb is K2 Winter Expedition in 2021 under his leadership.
" We await to serve you our service and share our experience with you "
WHY CLIMB MT. K2 and broad peak WITH SEVEN SUMMIT TREKS?
- Highly qualified, professional, friendly, and experienced climbing Sherpa guide, Kitchen staff, and Basecamp Manager.
- Well-equipped with climbing equipment and logistic support for base camp and higher camps.
- Safety is a top priority for us, and we take every step to minimize risks and ensure the well-being of our clients.
- We offer a variety of itineraries to suit different abilities and interests, so you can choose the option that best meets your needs.
- Hi-tech in weather forecast and communication
- Easy Helicopter charter service when needed (extra charge to be applied)
- 1 climbing Sherpa to each member
Arrival in Islamabad & Transfer to the HotelDinnerHotel
Fly from Islamabad to Skardu (2,228m)BreakfastHotel
Rest day in SkarduBreakfastHotel
Rest Day in Skardu: Expedition briefing and preparationBreakfastHotel
Drive from Skardu to Askole (2,600m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Askole to Jhola (3,185m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Jhola to Paiyu (3,383m)B/L/DTent
Rest day in PaiyuB/L/DTent
Trek from Paiyu to Urdukas (4,130m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Urdukas to Goro II (4,250m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to Concordia (4,690m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Concordia (4,690m) to K 2 Basecamp (5,150m)B/L/DTent
Rotation: [Basecamp – Rotation (Camp I, Camp II and Camp III) – Basecamp]Full BoardTent
Climbing Period [Base Camp – K2 Summit (8,611m) – Base Camp]Full BoardTent
Climbing Period [Base Camp – Broad Peak Summit (8,047m) – Base Camp]Full BoardTent
Trek from Basecamp to Goro IIB/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to KhuburtzeB/L/DTent
Trek from Khuburtze to MundungB/L/DTent
Trek from Mundung to AskoleB/L/DTent
Drive from Askole to SkarduB/LHotel
Leisure day in Skardu (De-briefing at Ministry)BreakfastHotel
Fly from Skardu to Islamabad & transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop), by private vehicle.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATION IN ISLAMABAD : 2 nights hotel in ISLAMABAD (4-star category) - single room on bed and breakfast plan.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in ISLAMABAD with Office Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Pakistan’s Customs, clearance cost is subject to a charge.
- PERMIT (FOR BOTH PEAKS) : Expedition Royalty and a permit fee from the PAKISTAN Government to climb Mt. K2 and Broad Peak, for members and Sherpa.
- LIAISON OFFICER (FOR BOTH PEAKS) : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE MANAGEMENT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese / Pakistani staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- DUFFLE BAG : One Seven Summit Treks’ Duffle Bag.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : - (Domestic Flight) Fly from Islamabad to Skardu and while returning from Skardu to Islamabad, as per itinerary, along with one guide. - LAND TRANSPORTATION (MEMBERS): Drive by jeep Skardu to Askole and on returning Askole to Skardu. - LAND TRANSPORTATION (STAFF): Islamabad to Askole via Skardu (by bus/jeep) for all climbing Sherpas and expeditions staff. (Members and staff will meet each other in Skardu)
- EXPEDITION STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : All necessary expedition equipment transportation for all Members and Staff from Nepal to Pakistan (by air cargo) – Islamabad to Askole (by truck/jeep) and Base camp (by Porters/mules) – While returning: Base camp to Askole (by porters/mules) and Askole to Islamabad (by Truck/jeep). Based on the condition, different transportation variants may adopt.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek to be carried by porters or Mules.
- FOOD AND LODGING : 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/TENT during the trek and at the Basecamp. Hygienic and green vegetables, meat, fruits, soft drinks, and juice will be served during the entire expedition. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff.
- CAMPING : All necessary logistic arrangements for Camping during the trek.
- PORTER : Porters per member up to the basecamp and from the basecamp (both ways).
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- BASE CAMP COOK : 1 Nepalese and 1 Pakistani well-trained cook for the team.
- STAFF SALARY AND ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual box tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : Single Tent, foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tent, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater at base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, FOR battery charges, laptop, and other electronic devices.
- TRAINING : Oxygen, Mask Regulator, Ice wall, and Ladder training at basecamp by UIAGM Guide.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA (FOR BOTH PEAKS) : 1 veteran and government-licensed climbing Sherpa per member (1 Member: 1 Sherpa), during the entire climb from Basecamp to the summit and back, and on each rotation.
- ASSISTANCE : Climbing Sherpa to assist in carrying your gear to the high camps.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) – FOR BOTH PEAKS : Summit Oxygen cylinder: 8 oxygen bottles (4 liters) for each member and 5 oxygen bottles for each high-altitude Sherpa. **
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks & regulator for each member and high-altitude Sherpa. **
- BACK UP OXYGEN : Back up Oxygen Cylinder, mask, and regulator (SUBJECT TO A CHARGE).
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE (INFRASTRUCTURE AND LOGISTICS) – FOR BOTH PEAKS : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot, High food for a member, Sherpa, and other crews at (C1) (C2) (C3) and (C4). Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- HIGH ALTITUDE TENT : Members will share tents in high camps (2 members: 1 tent).
- ROPE FIXING TEAM : The team of experienced Sherpas (including personal Sherpa) will fix the route to the summit of Mt. K2 and Broad Peak (no extra charge will be applied to members).
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members (SUBJECT TO A CHARGE).
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- PERMITS : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report regularly from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for members and staff.
- CERTIFICATE : K2 and Broad Peak climbing certificate issued by PAKISTANI ALPINE CLUB (after climbing Mt. K2 and Broad Peak successfully).
- AIR FARE : International flight airfare (from and to Islamabad).
- PAKISTAN ENTRY VISA FEE : PAKISTANI Visa fee for 90 DAYS.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Islamabad and Skardu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN ISLAMABAD & SKARDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Islamabad & Skardu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition, or domestic flight cancellation (due to any other reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE POLICY : Insurance covering both medical and high-altitude evacuation costs (for the trip cancellation, interruption, high-altitude rescue & air evacuation, medical treatment, repatriation, etc.) *Mandatory
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Islamabad & Skardu but we will have soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL CLIMBING EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items, Bags, Personal Medical Kit, and all kinds of Personal Trekking / Climbing Gear.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum $2000 USD for K2 and $1500 USD for Broad Peak.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for basecamp and high camp staff – Minimum 400 USD.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary and not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.
Highlight Of Trip
Highlight Of Trip
- 15 June 2023 - 07 August 2023
- Climb 2nd and 12th Highest Mountain in the World
- Combo of Double 8000ers
- 1 Climber: 1 Sherpa Guide
- 8 Bottles of Oxygen
- Full Board / Basecamp Service
- Technical and Challenging Mountains
- Stunning views from the Summit
- Experience the natural beauty of the Karakoram
- Experience the unique culture of the region
- Explore the diverse Flora & Fauna