Broad Peak, an 8000m peak to climb in Pakistan mountain in the world at (8,051m/16,414ft) is located in the Karakoram Range in Northeastern Pakistan. Broad Peak (8051 m), Karakoram, Pakistan, Broad Peak, the 12th highest mountain in the world. The mountain is located along the western Baltoro glacier between K2 and Gasherbrum IV. The first ascent of Broad Peak, in Pakistan's Karakoram mountains, was achieved by a small Austrian expedition in 1957. Broad Peak is the 12th highest mountain in the world and was the eleventh of the world's 14 "8000ers" (peaks of at least 8000m) to be climbed. All four of the team members - Marcus Schmuck, Fritz Wintersteller, Kurt Diemberger, and Hermann Buhl - reached the summit.
Seven Summit Treks is all set to make your expedition to Broad Peak as seamless as possible. We have gained a reputation for success on 8000m peaks; much is to do with the strength of support we put in place.
We have a 52-day itinerary for the Broad Peak expedition that starts with your arrival in Islamabad. We will take care of your comfort and safety throughout your time with us. The ideal climbing season for Broad Peak starts in June and ends in August.
Once SST started to organize an expedition on Mt. Broad Peak Expedition, there are more than 50 climbers, able to reach the top of Mt. Broad Peak. We proudly can say that we are the ones who hold a high success rate on mt. Broad Peak. We are the best among the other organizer on Mt. Broad Peak. The expedition will be fully supported by a great Nepalese Sherpa team with previous experience on Mt. Broad Peak climbing and technically skilled and worked with Seven Summit Treks. The Sherpa will have perfect knowledge of climbing, risk management, friendly behavior, and be highly motivated.
" We await to serve you our service and share our experience with you "
Flight to Skardu, drive to Jhola, and further trek to basecamp and reached at the elevation of 5300m with great views of Karakoram. After 6 days of the trek, you reach BC of Mt. Broad Peak. At basecamp, you will be awaited by our best Sherpa Team. Seven Summit Treks have the best setup of basecamp. You will be spending about a month at basecamp. Each member will get a separate member tent and dining in sharing, kitchen, shower, Communication, and toilet tents. Before we climb the mountain, we make a big puja ceromancy at base camp for good luck and safe climbing.
Camp I (6,000m/19,685ft)
Once you reached basecamp, your personal climbing Sherpa or team leader will be reviewed basic and advanced training at basecamp. For the best acclimatization, once fix rope is fixed by the Sherpa team you will climb to camp I which lies at the altitude of 6000m. In this section of climbing, you will encounter mixed terrain with a few crevasses, rock parts, and ice on the section glacier. This will take you about 5 to 6 hours of climbing. We will have frequent rotation on camp I and back to base camp.
Camp II (6,500m/21,325ft)
The climbing from camp I to camp II is the most difficult and challenging climbing section. In this section of the climb, some rock parts, and Steve but there will be fixed rope so safety climbing with our Sherpa will be our priority. This section of climbing will take about 4 to 5 hrs.
Camp III (7,100m/23,294ft)
Climbing from camp II to camp III is a bit long distance climb. It will take 5 to 6 hours. You will be climbing with the climbing Sherpa and with a fixed rope.
The most important day is summit day. It is the main goal for all the climbers. It's a day that climbers dream about. So, most of the climbers begin their summit push at late night and will walk to the summit for about 8 to 10 hours and will reach the summit about 8-10 am (morning). The Summit of Mt. Broad Peak is stunning. You will be mesmerized by the beautiful view of different 8000m peaks like Mt. K2, GI, GII, and many beautiful mountains of the Pakistan Himalayas. On the same day after taking some pictures, you will walk down to camp II or basecamp, which will take about 6 to 7 hours. descending from the summit is also a difficult part of this expedition so safety descent is also an important part of summit day. Seven Summit Treks will have one climbing Sherpa with one member from camp IV to summit day and till back to basecamp. SST guide will carry oxygen cylinder of Members and himself. For the safe summit of Mt. Broad Peak, SST will always have guidelines of the best weather forecast, communication, and back support from the basecamp leader. Rope fixing up to the summit is the major duty of our climbing Sherpa so we highly admire our Sherpa to fix ropes, breaking trails, and making all the effort to get the group reaches to the summit of Mt. Broad Peak.
Arrival in Islamabad & Transfer to the HotelHotel
Fly from Islamabad to Skardu (2,228m)BreakfastHotel
Rest day in SkarduBreakfastHotel
Rest Day in Skardu: Expedition briefing and preparationBreakfastHotel
Drive from Skardu to Askole (2,600m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Askole to Jhola (3,185m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Jhola to Paiyu (3,383m)B/L/DTent
Rest day in PaiyuB/L/DTent
Trek from Paiyu to Urdukas (4,130m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Urdukas to Goro II (4,250m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to Concordia (4,690m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Concordia (4,690m) to Broad Peak Basecamp (5,150m)B/L/DTent
Rotation: [Basecamp – Rotation (Camp I, Camp II and Camp III) – Basecamp]Full BoardTent
Climbing Period: [Base Camp – Broad Peak Summit (8,051m) – Base Camp]Full BoardTent
Cleaning Up Basecamp: Preparation for descending backB/L/DTent
Trek from Basecamp to Goro IIB/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to KhuburtzeB/L/DTent
Trek from Khuburtze to MundungB/L/DTent
Trek from Mundung to AskoleB/L/DTent
Drive from Askole to SkarduB/LHotel
Leisure day in Skardu (De-briefing at Ministry)BreakfastHotel
Fly from Skardu to Islamabad & transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop), by private vehicle.
- ACCOMMODATION IN ISLAMABAD : 2 nights hotel in ISLAMABAD (4-star category) - single room on bed and breakfast plan.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in ISLAMABAD with Office Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Pakistan’s Customs, clearance cost is subject to a charge.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and a permit fee of the PAKISTAN Government to climb Mt. Broad Peak, for members and Sherpa.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE MANAGEMENT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese / Pakistani staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- DUFFLE BAG : One Seven Summit Treks’ Duffle Bag.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : (Domestic Flight) Fly from Islamabad to Skardu and while returning from Skardu to Islamabad, as per itinerary, along with one guide. - LAND TRANSPORTATION (MEMBERS): Drive by jeep Skardu to Askole and on returning Askole to Skardu. - LAND TRANSPORTATION (STAFF): Islamabad to Askole via Skardu (by bus/jeep) for all climbing Sherpas and expeditions staff. (Members and staff will meet each other in Skardu).
- EXPEDITION STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : All necessary expedition equipment transportation for all Members and Staff from Nepal to Pakistan (by air cargo) – Islamabad to Askole (by truck/jeep) and Base camp (by Porters/mules) – While returning: Base camp to Askole (by porters/mules) and Askole to Islamabad (by Truck/jeep). Based on the condition, different transportation variants may adopt.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek to be carried by porters or Mules.
- FOOD & LODGING : 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/TENT during the trek and at the Basecamp. Hygienic and green vegetables, meat, fruits, soft drinks, and juice will be served during the entire expedition. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff.
- CAMPING : All necessary logistic arrangements for Camping during the trek.
- PORTER : Porters per member up to the basecamp and from the basecamp (both ways).
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- BASE CAMP COOK : 1 Nepalese and 1 Pakistani well-trained cook for the team.
- STAFF SALARY AND ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual box tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : Single Tent, foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tent, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater at base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, FOR battery charges, laptop, and other electronic devices.
- TRAINING : Oxygen, Mask Regulator, Ice wall, and Ladder training at basecamp by UIAGM Guide.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and government-licensed climbing Sherpa per member (1 Member: 1 Sherpa), during the entire climb from Basecamp to the summit and back, and on each rotation.
- ASSISTANCE : Climbing Sherpa to assist in carrying your gear to the high camps.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Summit Oxygen cylinder: 3 oxygen bottles (4 liters) for each member and 2 oxygen bottles for each high-altitude Sherpa. **
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks & regulator for each member and high-altitude Sherpa. **
- BACK UP OXYGEN : BACK UP Oxygen Cylinder, mask, and regulator (SUBJECT TO A CHARGE).
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE (INFRASTRUCTURE AND LOGISTICS) : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot, High food for a member, Sherpa, and other crews at (C1) (C2) (C3) and (C4). Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- HIGH ALTITUDE TENT : Members will share tents in high camps (2 members: 1 tent).
- ROPE FIXING TEAM : The team of experienced Sherpas (including personal Sherpa) will fix the route to the summit of Broad Peak (no extra charge will be applied to members).
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members (SUBJECT TO A CHARGE).
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- PERMITS : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report regularly from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for members and staff.
- CERTIFICATE : Broad Peak climbing certificate issued by PAKISTANI ALPINE CLUB (after climbing Mt. Broad Peak successfully).
- AIR FARE : International flight airfare (from and to Islamabad).
- PAKISTAN ENTRY VISA FEE : PAKISTANI Visa fee for 90 DAYS.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Islamabad and Skardu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN ISLAMABAD & SKARDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Islamabad & Skardu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition, or domestic flight cancellation (due to any other reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE POLICY : Insurance covering both medical and high-altitude evacuation costs (for the trip cancellation, interruption, high-altitude rescue & air evacuation, medical treatment, repatriation, etc.) *Mandatory
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Islamabad & Skardu but we will have soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL CLIMBING EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items, Bags, Personal Medical Kit, and all kinds of Personal Trekking / Climbing Gear.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 1500 USD.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for basecamp and high camp staff – Minimum 400 USD.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary and not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.
Highlight Of Trip
Highlight Of Trip
- 15 June 2023 - 05 August 2023