The Lobuche peak consists of two different summits, East and West with heights of 6,119 m and 6,145 m respectively. A continuous ridge connects them but there is still a sharp gap and a considerable distance between them. The East Peak is recognized as a trekking peak, whereas the West is known as an Expedition Peak. Lobuche being an attractive mountain offers various existing routes and also a potential for new ones. The dark triangle of its rocky East face rises over the moraines of the Khumbu Glacier to a spectacular skyline, forming the south ridge.
Ama Dablam, popularly known as the “Matterhorn of the Himalaya” is one of the most gorgeous mountains in the world located in the Himalayan range of Eastern Nepal. Ama Dablam characterizes itself with its unique pyramid shape. The hanging glacier seen on the southwest face of Ama Dablam bears a resemblance to the sacred ornament box used by Sherpa Women, which is known as Dablam, therefore giving it the name “Ama Dablam” This peak is 6,812 meters in elevation from the sea level. This mountain is not impressive for its height but for its aesthetics it holds. Mt. Ama Dablam is located in the Khumbu region of Nepal, south of Mt. Everest. One should see some splendid views during the ascent to the pinnacle.
The usual ascension to Ama Dablam is done from the Southwestern ridge. This was the same route followed by the climbers who reached the top for the first time in 1961. Commonly, climbers set up three camps just below and to the right of the hanging glacier, “Dablam”. The hike is modest up to camp 1, but the challenge starts from camp 1 to camp 2 as it gets more technical in the narrow edges of ridges made from granite. This challenge increases even more from camp 2 to camp 3. Some risk of glacier falls cannot be escaped but it is said that adventure without risk is Disneyland. One should train him or herself in the skills of rock and ice climbing and get used to high altitude before thinking of Ama Dablam. If you have previous experience as a climber and wish to join a team on an expedition to the world’s most extraordinary mountain, then Ama Dablam Expedition is for you.
Every year Seven Summit Treks organize a large number of successive expeditions of Mt. Ama Dablam.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Rest in Kathmandu, Expedition briefing and PreparingB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,800m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazzar (3,440m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar (Rest day): Hike to Everest View Hotel (Optional)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazzar to Dibuche (3,760m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dibuche (3,760m) to Dingboche (4,243m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,940m)B/L/DLodge
Hike from Lobuche to Lobuche High Camp (5,400m)B/L/DTent
Climbing: [ Lobuche High Camp - Summit (6,119m) – Lobuche]B/L/DLodge
Trek from Lobuche to Ama Dablam Basecamp (4,450m)B/L/DLodge
Basecamp Preparation; Rest DayB/L/DTent
Rotation: [Basecamp – Rotation (Camp I and Camp II) – Basecamp]B/L/DFull Board
Summit Push: [Basecamp –Summit (6,812m) – Basecamp]B/L/DFull Board
Trek from Base Camp to Namche BazaarB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazzar to LuklaB/L/DLodge
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu & transfer to the HotelB/LHotel
Leisure day in Kathmandu CityBreakfastHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop), by private vehicle.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu (4-star category) - single room on bed and breakfast plan.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- CARDO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Nepal’s Customs, clearance cost is subject to a charge.
- PERMIT : Expedition Royalty and permit fee of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Ama Dablam and Lobuche, Sagarmatha National Park, and Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entry permit and fee.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE MANAGEMENT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- DUFFLE BAG : One Seven Summit Treks’ Duffle Bag.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : - (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- EXPEDITION STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : All necessary expedition equipment transportation for all Members and Staff from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek to be carried by porters or Yaks.
- FOOD AND LODGING : 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek and at the Basecamp. Hygienic and fresh green vegetables, fresh meat, fruits, and soft drinks will be served during the entire expedition using helicopter flights. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff.
- PORTER : Porters per member up to the Base camp and from the Basecamp (both ways).
- LOBUCHE PEAK CLIMB : All necessary arrangements for climbing Lobuche peak.
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY AND ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porters' daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual box tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : Single Tent, foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater at base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, battery charge, for laptop and other electronic devices.
- TRAINING : Oxygen, Mask Regulator, Ice wall, and gear training at basecamp by Sherpa Guide.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : (for both Peaks) 1 veteran and government-licensed climbing Sherpa per member (1 Member: 1 Sherpa), during the entire climb from Basecamp to the summit and back, and on each rotation.
- ASSISTANCE : Climbing Sherpa to assist in carrying your gear to the high camps.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- BONUS : Carry Bonus of Sherpas and Route Fixing Charges.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with an appropriate charge).
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE (INFRASTRUCTURE AND LOGISTICS) : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot, High food for a member, Sherpa, and other crews at (C1) (C2) and (C3). Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required. (for both Peaks)
- HIGH ALTITUDE TENT : Members will share tents in high camps (2 members: 1 tent). (for both Peaks)
- ROPE FIXING TEAM : The team of experienced Sherpas will fix the rope and the route.
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members with an appropriate charge.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- PERMIT : Walkie-talkie permit for all members and Staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for members and staff.
- CERTIFICATE : Ama Dablam and Lobuche peak climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA and NMA (after climbing Ama Dablam successfully).
- AIR FARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL ENTRY VISA FEE : Nepalese Visa fee is $ 125 USD for 90 Days.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition, domestic flight cancellation (due to any other reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE POLICY : Insurance covering both medical and high-altitude evacuation costs (for the trip cancellation, interruption, high altitude rescue & air evacuation, medical treatment, repatriation, etc.) *Mandatory
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will have soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL CLIMBING EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items, Bags, Personal Medical Kit, and all kinds of Personal Trekking / Climbing Gear.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek and the expedition.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa - Minimum 900 USD.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for Basecamp and high camp staff – Minimum 350 USD.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary and other items not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.
Highlight Of Trip
Highlight Of Trip
- Technical and Rocky Climb
- Combine with Lobuche Peak
- 1 Member : 1 Sherpa
- Full Board / Basecamp Service
- Preparation for 8000m Peak
- Stunning & a technical 6000m Peak