6,150m / 20,200ft
5 - 7 Hours
Hotel + Lodge + Tent
2 - 15 PAX
Makalu Base Camp Sherpani Col Trek is without a doubt the longest trek in the Makalu region though it touches both Makalu and Everest regions. It is undoubtedly one of the most strenuous treks that require extensive preparation and physical fitness on trekkers. Glacier walking, the use of ice axes, and other gears will be necessary to complete this trek. The main goal of the Makalu Base Camp Sherpani Col Trek is to reach Makalu Base Camp. The base camp offers spectacular views of Mt. Makalu (8485m), the fifth highest mountain in the world. Ahead the trek presents almost overwhelming challenges of crossing the Sherpani Col (6150m), West Col (6143m), and Amphu Labtsa Pass (5800m), the three highest passes in the Himalayas. These three passes afford uninterrupted views of Mt. Ama Dablam (6814m), Chonku Peak (6830m), Cho Polu (6734m), and Island Peak (6189m), Kang Tega West, and Kang Tega East among others.
After making past Amphu Labtsa Pass, the trekking trail climbs Chukung in the Everest region which straddles the Imja Tse Glacier. It normally takes a few days to reach down to Lukla via the Sherpa villages of Pangboche, Phortse, and Namche Bazaar. During this part of the trek, you will be greeted by the majestic views of Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, and Phortse.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and drive to Num (1,560m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Num to Sheduwa (1,510m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Sheduwa to Tashi Gaun (2,070m)B/L/DTent
Acclimatization at Tashi Gaun (rest day)B/L/DTent
Trek from Tashi Gaun to Khongma (3,760m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Khongma to Mumbuk (3,520m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Mumbuk to Nehe Kharka (4,320m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Nehe Kharka to Makalu Base Camp (4,870m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Makalu Basecamp to Hillary CampB/L/DTent
Trek from Hillary Camp to High Camp (5,650m)B/L/DTent
Acclimatization at High Camp (Rest day)B/L/DTent
Trek to Baruntse Base Camp (5,700m) via Crossing Sherpani Col (6,146m) and West Col (6,143m)B/L/DTent
Acclimatization at Baruntse Basecamp (Rest Day)B/L/DTent
Trek from Baruntse Basecamp to Amphu Labste Base (5,400m)B/L/DTent
Trek from the Base to Imja Lake camp (5,100m) Via Crossing Amphu Laptsa pass (5,850m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Chhukung to Pangboche (3,985m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Pangboche to Namche BazaarB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazaar to LuklaB/L/DLodge
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and Transfer to the HotelB/LHotel
Sightseeing around Kathmandu ValleyBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for Final DepartureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : : 3 nights sharing a twin bedroom at the hotel (3 Star category) in Kathmandu on a bed & breakfast basis.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- PERMITS : All necessary paper works: Makalu Barun and Sagarmatha National Park permit, TIMS CARD & Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entry fee.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek.
- MAP : Everest Region Trekking map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – to Tumlingtar and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, with Guide as per itinerary. Land Transportation: Drive from Tumlingtar to Num.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 15 Kg of personal baggage per member during the trek carried by porters.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation sharing a twin bedroom at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT : All necessary camping equipment and stuff during the trek.
- DRINKS : 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- GUIDE : Government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
- PORTER : Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter's daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- VALLEY SIGHTSEEING : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley [Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by a professional guide.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit.
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights' accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.)
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beer, and any alcoholic beverages.
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears, etc.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Internet facility during the trek is not included.
- EXTRA PORTER : $25 USD for an extra porter per day (If an extra porter is demanded).
- TIPS : Tips for Guide, porters, and staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.