The K2 basecamp trek is an awe-inspiring journey that takes you to the heart of the Karakoram mountain range in Pakistan. This remote trek leads to the base camp of K2, the second-highest mountain in the world and one of the most challenging peaks to climb. The trek starts in Skardu, a town in the northern region of Pakistan, and takes about 12-15 days to complete. The trek offers a chance to explore the stunning landscapes of glaciers, high passes, and mountain ranges. The journey culminates at Concordia, a large glacial confluence known as the "Throne Room of the Mountain Gods." This trek is considered to be physically demanding and requires a high level of fitness, preparation, and the right gear and equipment. The trek also comes with a set of risks and challenges associated with high-altitude trekking, making it a dream come true for any adventurous trekker.
The K2 basecamp trek itinerary begins with an arrival in Islamabad, the capital city of Pakistan, where trekkers are transferred to a hotel for rest and preparation. The next day, trekkers fly from Islamabad to Skardu, a town located in the northern region of Pakistan and the starting point of the trek. The trekkers then spend a rest day in Skardu for expedition briefing and preparation.
The journey begins with a drive from Skardu to Askole, a small village located at an altitude of 2,600 meters, where the trekkers set up camp for the night. The next day, the trekkers begin their journey with a trek from Askole to Jhola, a small village located at an altitude of 3,185 meters, where they set up camp for the night. The trek continues with treks from Jhola to Paiyu, Paiyu to Urdukas, and Urdukas to Goro II, each day stopping at a different location for camping. The trekkers also spend a rest day in Paiyu for rest and acclimatization.
The highlight of the trek is the trek from Goro II to Concordia, a large glacial confluence located at an altitude of 4,690 meters, where the trekkers set up camp for the night. From Concordia, the trekkers continue to the base camp of K2, the second-highest mountain in the world, located at an altitude of 5,150 meters, where they spend a night.
After spending a night at the basecamp (1 Night at Basecamp – on full board service), the trekkers begin their journey back to Skardu, retracing their steps with treks from Basecamp to Goro II, Goro II to Khuburtze, Khuburtze to Mundung, and Mundung to Askole. They then drive from Askole to Skardu and spend a reserved day in Skardu before flying back to Islamabad and transferring to the hotel. The final day of the itinerary is a transfer to the international airport for final departure.
" We await to serve you our service and share our experience with you "
Arrival in Islamabad & Transfer to the HotelHotel
Fly from Islamabad to Skardu (2,228m)BreakfastLodge
Rest day in SkarduBreakfastLodge
Rest Day in Skardu: Trip briefing and preparationBreakfastLodge
Drive from Skardu to Askole (2,600m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Askole to Jhola (3,185m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Jhola to Paiyu (3,383m)B/L/DTent
Rest day in PaiyuB/L/DTent
Trek from Paiyu to Urdukas (4,130m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Urdukas to Goro II (4,250m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to Concordia (4,690m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Concordia (4,690m) to K2 Basecamp (5,150m) – Overnight at K2 BasecampB/L/DTent
Trek from Basecamp to Goro IIB/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to KhuburtzeB/L/DTent
Trek from Khuburtze to MundungB/L/DTent
Trek from Mundung to AskoleB/L/DTent
Drive from Askole to SkarduB/LTent
Leisure day in SkarduBreakfastLodge
Fly from Skardu to Islamabad & transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop), by private vehicle.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATION IN ISLAMABAD : 2 nights hotel in ISLAMABAD (3-star category) - single room on bed and breakfast plan.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in ISLAMABAD with Office Staff.
- PERMIT : Trekking permit, camping, road and bridge fees to the PAKISTAN Government, for members and Sherpa.
- GARBAGE MANAGEMENT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese / Pakistani staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : - (Domestic Flight) Fly from Islamabad to Skardu and while returning from Skardu to Islamabad, as per itinerary, along with one guide. - LAND TRANSPORTATION (MEMBERS): Drive by jeep Skardu to Askole and on returning Askole to Skardu. - LAND TRANSPORTATION (STAFF): Islamabad to Askole via Skardu (by bus/jeep) for all climbing Sherpas and expeditions staff.
- TREKKING STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : All necessary trekking equipment transportation for all Members and Staff from Nepal to Pakistan (by air cargo) – Islamabad to Askole (by truck/jeep) and Base camp (by Porters/mules) – While returning: Base camp to Askole (by porters/mules) and Askole to Islamabad (by Truck/jeep). Based on the condition, different transportation variants may adopt.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek to be carried by porters or Mules.
- FOOD AND LODGING : 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/TENT during the trek and at the Basecamp. Hygienic and green vegetables, meat, fruits, soft drinks, and juice will be served during the trek. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff for overnight stay.
- CAMPING : All necessary logistic arrangements for Camping during the trek.
- PORTER : (2 members: 1 Porter) Porters per member up to the basecamp and from the basecamp (both ways).
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- BASE CAMP COOK : 1 Nepalese OR 1 Pakistani well-trained cook for the team.
- STAFF SALARY AND ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have to share (2 Members: 1 Tent) box tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : Tent, foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gear.
- HEATER : Heater at base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, FOR battery charges, laptop, and other electronic devices.
- BACK UP : Back up Oxygen Cylinder, mask, and regulator (SUBJECT TO A CHARGE).
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members (SUBJECT TO A CHARGE).
- PERMITS : Satellite Phone permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast regularly during the trek.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for members and staff.
- CERTIFICATE : K2 Basecamp Trek completion certificate by company.
- AIR FARE : International flight airfare (from and to Islamabad).
- PAKISTAN ENTRY VISA FEE : PAKISTANI Visa fee for 30 DAYS.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Islamabad and Skardu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN ISLAMABAD & SKARDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Islamabad & Skardu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition, or domestic flight cancellation (due to any other reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE POLICY : Insurance covering both medical and high-altitude evacuation costs (for the trip cancellation, interruption, high-altitude rescue & air evacuation, medical treatment, repatriation, etc.) *Mandatory
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Islamabad & Skardu but we will have soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL CLIMBING EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items, Bags, Personal Medical Kit, and all kinds of Personal Trekking Gear.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek and the expedition.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for porters, basecamp, and high camp staff – Minimum 250 USD.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary and not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.