Imja Tse peak or also popularly known as Island Peak stands tall with a modest height of 6,189m. English Mountaineer Eric Shipton named it an Island Peak in 1953. He thought it resembles an island in a sea of ice seeing it from Dingboche. In 1983, Island Peak again got its new name, Imja Tse. Island peak climbing is done along with the Everest Base Camp Trek. With very few technical aspects, it offers itself even to the beginner climber with competitive endurance. Hence, it is one of the most popular choices among the 6000m. Island Peak welcomes hundreds of climbers groups each year luring them to their peak.
Island Peak trek spans around 16 days. The trip begins after landing at Lukla airport. Spending a couple of nights in Namche Bazaar the climbers acquaint themselves gradually before actually climbing the Island Peak. It takes four to five days to reach the Base camp of Island Peak. Here in the base camp climbers have to familiarize themself with the climatic condition before actually pushing themselves to the summit. The ascent to the top starts along a ridge where climbers use a foot traction device popularly known as crampons along with a rope to elevate upwards. The way across the glacier is easy with occasional fractures in them. After reaching the top, an exquisite view of Lhotse Shar, Makalu, Baruntse, and Ama Dablam is seen. This peak was first ascended by Tenzing Norgay who was a part of the British Team preparing for the Everest Triumph. After reaching the summit, you descend via the main Everest Trail to Lukla Airport.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,800m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazzar (3,440m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization in Namche Bazzar (rest day): Hike at Everest View HotelB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tyangboche Monastery (3,860m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Tangboche to Dingboche (4,243m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dingboche to Chhukung (4,730m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Chhukung to Island Peak Base camp (5,200m)B/L/DTent
Hike from Island Peak Base camp to High Camp (5,550m)B/L/DTent
High Camp to Island Peak Summit (6,189m) and Back to ChhukungB/L/DLodge
Trek from Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3,985m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Pangboche to Namche BazaarB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazaar to LuklaB/L/DLodge
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (transfer to Hotel)BreakfastHotel
Sightseeing around Kathmandu ValleyBreakfastHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu (3 Star Category) on a bed & breakfast Basis- Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- PERMITS : All necessary paper works: Island Peak climbing Permit from NMA, Sagarmatha National Park entry permit, TIMS CARD & Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entry fee.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Garbage Deposit fees.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and climbing.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and while returning Lukla – to Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- CLIMBING STUFF TRANSPORTATION : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and to Base camp (by Porters)– While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 25 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- DRINKS : 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- PORTERS : Porters (1 member: 1 Porter) during the trek.
- CLIMBING SHERPA : Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porters’ daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for a member, high altitude tent (sharing basis), high food for a member, Sherpa, and climbing crews. Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- LIGHT : Necessary light at all tents. * if required.
- GUIDE : Government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight-seeing in Kathmandu valley.
- VALLEY SIGHTSEEING : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley [Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by a professional guide.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Island Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Island Peak successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee $60 USD per person for 30 days and to be applied for 60 days is $120 USD.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high-altitude insurance, accident, helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.)
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve soft drinks for members in base camp).
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- EXTRA PORTER : $25 USD for an extra porter per day (If an extra porter is demanded).
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
- TIPS : Tips for Basecamp and other staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.