7,952m / 26,089ft
4 - 6 Hours
Hotel + Lodge + Tent
2 - 10 PAX
Mt. Gyachung Kang
Gyachung Kang is a high mountain in the Khumbu region. It is the highest peak between Mount Everest and Cho Oyu. Its twin snow and rock peaks tower above the immediate surroundings, separated by a narrow saddle.
The approach is easy by Gokyo Lake, then by crossing from the Ngozumpa glacier. This peak was first climbed by Y. Kato and Pasang Phutar on a Japanese expedition in 1964. The route presents some small technical difficulties and care should be taken for possible avalanches.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,800m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar: Hike to Khumjung ValleyB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,200m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dole to Machhermo (4,450m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo (4,750m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization day: Hike from Gokyo to Gokyo Ri (5,300m) and back to the GokyoB/L/DLodge
Trek from Gokyo to Ngozumba Tso (4,998m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Ngozumba Tso to Gyachung Khang Basecamp (5,350m)B/L/DTent
Climbing Period [Basecamp – Summit (7,952m) – Basecamp]B/L/DTent
Trek from Basecamp to Gokyo (4,750m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Gokyo to Dole (4,200m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dole to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazaar to LuklaB/L/DLodge
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Leisure day in KathmanduBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for final DepartureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 4 nights hotel (3star category) in Kathmandu on a bed & breakfast Basis- Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Nepal’s Custom Department, clearance cost is subject to a charge. **before the expedition.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Gyachung Khang, Sagarmatha National Park entry permit, Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipal entry permit, and fees.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- MAP : Trekking Route Map.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and expedition.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Air Transportation: Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and while returning Lukla – to Kathmandu, domestic flight as per itinerary
- EXPEDITION STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staff from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo/vehicle) and Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo/vehicle). Member’s equipment will be transported by air.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg of personal baggage per member during the trek carried by porter or Yak.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and BC. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staffs. Kailas or the north face tents will be set up while camping on sharing basis.
- PORTER : Porters per member up to Base camp from Lukla & while returning porters from Base camp to Lukla.
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter's daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Sherpa per member. (1 Member: 1 Sherpa).
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- BONUS : Carry Bonus of Sherpas and Route Fixing Charges.
- ROPE FIXING : The team of experienced Sherpas will fix the route In Gyachung Khang (no extra charge will be applied to members).
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (subjected to charge).
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : Sets of Summit Oxygen masks will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members with appropriate charge.
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot for a member, High food for a member, Sherpa, all climbing and cooking crew at (C1) (C2) (C3) and (C4). Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- WALKIE-TALKIE PEMIT : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for group.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Gyachung Khang climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Mt. Gyachung Khang successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.)
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve soft drinks for members at the base camp).
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Internet Service during the trip.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 800USD. (Applies as Full Board member).
- ROPE & FIXING GEAR : The cost of buying required ropes and all fixing gears.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for Basecamp staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” Section.