Baruntse is one of the beautiful peaks in Nepal, a considerable and symmetrical snow peak, that has four ridges and four summits. It is bounded on the south by Hunku Glacier, on the east by the Barun Glacier, on the north by Cho, and on the northwest by the Imja Tse Glacier. At 7,129 meters (23,390 feet), Baruntse lies in the heart of the Himalayan Giants of Nepal and has a higher summit success rate than other comparable peaks. Our expedition guides and climbing Sherpas are well experienced and have got a lot of practical experience. They have been in this field for the last two decades. So, they could give all necessary guidance to take all precautions and expected dangers and how to tackle them. This enhances our expeditors to have full confidence and courage.
The Southeast Ridge of Baruntse is a bit difficult because of is a straightforward hard way to climb. In the Expedition of Mt. Baruntse, there are hard sections of 50 Degree elevation with a prominent ice cliff for climbing and facing the risk of avalanche. The climbers have succeeded in the mountain mostly in the spring season because of being the best season for the climber for safety. However, some climbers have reached the top of this mountain in the autumn season too.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Rest in Kathmandu, Expedition briefing and PreparingB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and trek to Chutanga (3,060m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Chutanga to Tuli Kharka (3,900m) Via Zatrawa La Pass (4,610m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Tuli Kharka to Kothe (4,095m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Kothe to Thangnak (4,350m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Thangnak to Khare (5,054m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization at Khare (Rest day)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Khare to KhamedingmaB/L/DTent
Trek from Khamedingma to Seto Pokhari (5,035m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Seto Pokhari to Baruntse Basecamp (5,400m)B/L/DTent
Rotation: [Basecamp – Rotation (Camp I and Camp II)- Basecamp]Full BoardTent
Summit Push: [Basecamp - Baruntse Summit (7,129m) - Basecamp]Full BoardTent
Trek from Baruntse Basecamp to KhamedingmaB/L/DTent
Trek from Khamedingma to ThangnakB/L/DLodge
Trek from Thagnak to ChatrabuB/L/DLodge
Trek from Chatrabu to LuklaB/L/DLodge
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu Valley & transfer to the HotelB/LHotel
Leisure day in Kathmandu CityB/DHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop), by private vehicle.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu (4-star category) - single room on bed and breakfast plan.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Nepal’s Customs, clearance cost is subject to a charge.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and a permit fee of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Baruntse, Sagarmatha / Makalu National Park, and Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entry permit and fee.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE MANAGEMENT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- DUFFLE BAG : One Seven Summit Treks’ Duffle Bag.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : - (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- EXPEDITION STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : All necessary expedition equipment transportation for all Members and Staff from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek to be carried by porters or Yaks.
- FOOD AND LODGING : 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek and at the Basecamp. Hygienic and fresh green vegetables, fresh meat, fruits, and soft drinks will be served during the entire expedition using helicopter flights. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff.
- PORTER : Porters per member up to the Base camp and from the Basecamp (both ways).
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT : All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY AND ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual box tent / 4 men tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : Single Tent, foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater at base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, battery charge, for laptop and other electronic devices.
- TRAINING : Oxygen, Mask Regulator, Ice wall, and gear training at basecamp by Sherpa Guide.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and government-licensed climbing Sherpa per member (1 Member: 1 Sherpa), during the entire climb from Basecamp to the summit and back, and on each rotation.
- ASSISTANCE : Climbing Sherpa to assist in carrying your gear to the high camps.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- BONUS : Carry Bonus of Sherpas and Route Fixing Charges.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with an appropriate charge).
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE (INFRASTRUCTURE AND LOGISTICS) : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot, High food for a member, Sherpa, and other crews at (C1) (C2) and (C3). Group climbing gears, fixed, and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- HIGH ALTITUDE TENT : Members will share tents in high camps (2 members: 1 tent).
- ROPE FIXING TEAM : The team of experienced Sherpas will fix the rope and the route.
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for an emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members with an appropriate charge.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie-Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- PERMIT : Walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for members and staff.
- CERTIFICATE : Baruntse Peak climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Baruntse successfully).
- AIR FARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL ENTRY VISA FEE : Nepalese Visa fee is $ 125 USD for 90 Days.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition, domestic flight cancellation (due to any other reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE POLICY : Insurance covering both medical and high-altitude evacuation costs (for the trip cancellation, interruption, high altitude rescue & air evacuation, medical treatment, repatriation, etc.) *Mandatory
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will have soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL CLIMBING EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items, Bags, Personal Medical Kit, and all kinds of Personal Trekking / Climbing Gear.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Special Filming, Camera, and, Drone permit fee.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 1200 USD.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for Basecamp and high camp staff – Minimum 350 USD.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary and other items not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.
Highlight Of Trip
Highlight Of Trip
- Experience a grand adventure
- Preparation and Training Peak for 8000m
- Stunning & technical 7000m peak
- Full Board Service
- 1 Member : 1 Sherpa