All inclusive price0.00 USD
|Max. Altitude:||3,810m/12,500ft||Walking Per Day:||Approximately 3- 4hrs|
|Best Season:||All||Group Size:||NA|
The historical remote Mustang trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang, a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on: a land said to be "barren as a dead deer" but where beauty and happiness abound is spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830's. The wall city of Lo Mont hang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Trekking in Mustang was officially opened in 1992. It allows limited numbers of trekkers each year in order to protect and conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled forbidden kingdom of vast, arid valleys, eroded canyons, ocher valley, yak caravans, colourful painted mud brick houses on the back dropped of majestic mountain of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri makes your medieval walled kingdom Mustang trekking a very especial one.
Mustang-trekking.com regularly organizes trek to the Himalayan Kingdom of Mustang targeting TIJI festival a three days long ritual known as" The chasing of the Demons", one of the most important festival of the region. Over the festive time monks dressed in elaborate costumes and masks perform dances and rituals that are supposed to drive away evil spirits. Dressed in their finery, people from all over Mustang gather in Lo Monthang to celebrate the Tiji festival.
1. Airport Facility ( Pick up And Drop By Jeep, Car And Bus depending upon size of group )
2. 4 nights twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the program
3. 2 nights twin sharing accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast as per the program.
4. All meals with hot beverages whilst on trekking.
5. Tented Camp accommodation whilst on trekking.
6. Upper Mustang special trekking permit fee, Annapurna Conservation Area permit Fee, TIMS permit fee.
7. Domestic flights (Pokhara - Jomsom - Pokhara) inclusive with airport tax.
8. An experienced fluent English speaking trekking guide, trained by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
9. Highly experienced well equipped, cook, kitchen helper, trekking porter(s).
10. Staffs (guide, cook, kitchen helper and porters) wages, allowances, transportation, food, accommodation, equipment & insurance.
11. All necessary ground transportation (Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu).
12. Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu inclusive with all entrance permit fees.
13. First aid medical kit, trekking map and duffel bag.
14. All governmental procedure and applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
15. Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
1. Meals at Kathmandu and Pokhara (except breakfast and farewell dinner).
2. Extra hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara (after 4 nights in Kathmandu, after 2 nights in Pokhara).
3. Personal nature expenses (telephone, laundry etc.).
4. Bar and beverage bills.
5. Your International flights.
6. Your Travel Insurance (Mandatory).
7. Rescue & Evacuation if needed.
8. Gratitude (tip) for staffs.
Trekking Equipment list,
- Desert camp – 1
- Head lamp – 1 with 3 pair batteries
- Sun glass – 1
- Neck warmer – 1
- Fleece jacket – 1
- Water proof jacket -1
- Down Jacket -1
- Trekking pants – 2
- Water proof pants – 1
- Thermal coat – 2 set.
- Lightweight thermal gloves – 1 pair
- Warm fleece hat – 1
- Sleeping Bag rated to 0 Degree
- Small padlock to lock trek bag.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Daypack bag – 35 Ltr.
- Water Bottle – 1
- Small wash towel – 1
- Duggle Bag – 1 to put your things in during trekking.
- Trekking boots – 1 pair
- Sandal or walking shoes – 1 pear to put on while in camp.
- Required toiletries
- Socks for trekking and for warm one for camp.
- Shirts and T-shirt at your needs.
- Sun cream of 15 SPF – 1 piece