Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
Tamang heritage trail trek starts from Syabrubesi (1460m) and passes through Gatlang, Chilime, Thuman, Timure and briddim tamang village.
Tamang heritage trail trek starts from Syabrubesi (1460m) and passes through Gatlang, Chilime, Thuman, Timure and Briddim tamang villlage.The people of this region are mostly Tibetans who came from Kerung in Tibet across the border and settled in Nepal. In earlier days, the citizenship of Nepal would not be offered to real Tibetans, so they changed their ethnicity to tamang, which is what they still write till date. The cultural and traditions of these people are similar to the Tibetan across the border. Gatlang is a traditional Tamang village. Gatlang set high on a hillside among terraced fields is the Tamang settlement. One can also visit a Tamang monastery and the beautiful Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang. From the viewpoint at Bahundanda near these settlements, called Parwati Kunda and one can also see a panoramic view of Lantang, Kerung, and the Ganesh Himal, Sanjen Himal ranges. Bathing in the hot, healing waters of the natural spring at Tatopani is an exhilarating experience. Nagathali (3165m, view point) in Thuman VDC is surrounded by beautiful views of Langtang, Kerung, Ganesh Himal and Sanjen Himal ranges. Nagthali used to be a popular meditation center for the local monks and priests. The ancient monasteries and houses adorned with rich wood engravings at Thuman village are an unforgettable experience. Timure is on the old trade route to Tibet. A fort at Rasuwagadi in Timure is a historical reminder of the Nepal-Tibet relations that has existed for many centuries. A suspension bridge here links Nepal and Tibet. Briddim village offers warm Tamang hospitality at the home - stays run by community members. In addition, visitors can also visit local monasteries of Dukchu Gomba (monastery) chosen as sacred site by the great Tibetan Lama - Guru Rinpoche and Chukla Khnaga Gomba. The tamnag heritage trail trek ends at Syabrubensi or will head towards the Langtang trek via Sherpa gaun or Khanjim village
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing and preparation day in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive to Shyabru Bensi
Day 04: Shyabru Bensi to Gatlang (2338m) by trekking.
Day 05: Gatlang to Tatopani (2600m) by trekking.
Day 06: Tatopani to Thuman (2338m) by trekking.
Day 07: Thuman to Timure (1762m) by trekking.
Day 08: Timure to Bridim (2229m) by trekking.
Day 09: Bridim to Syabrubesi by trekking.
Day 10: Drive Back to KTM and transfer to Hotel.
Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 12: Final Departure to home country.
01. Pick-up and drop-off service at Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
02. 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu.
03. Kathmandu valley sightseeing by professional tour guide.
04. Hotel to Bus Park by car/bus station hotel car.
05. Kathmandu - Syabrubensi - Kathmandu by Public bus or Jeep.
06. Langtang National park entrance permits and TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card.
07. One English speaking experience guide required porters.
08. All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) with home stay or Lodge accommodation during the trek.
09. Guide's; porter's food, lodge, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
10. All government taxes and official charge.
11. Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc .
12. Farewell dinner at Nepali Authentic Restaurant in Kathmandu.
01. International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$40).
02. Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
03. All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water.
04. Your trekking gears.
05. Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
06. Tips for your guide and porters etc.
Trekking Equipment list,
- Desert camp – 1
- Head lamp – 1 with 3 pair batteries
- Sun glass – 1
- Neck warmer – 1
- Fleece jacket – 1
- Water proof jacket -1
- Down Jacket -1
- Trekking pants – 2
- Water proof pants – 1
- Thermal coat – 2 set.
- Lightweight thermal gloves – 1 pair
- Warm fleece hat – 1
- Sleeping Bag rated to 0 Degree
- Small padlock to lock trek bag.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Daypack bag – 35 Ltr.
- Water Bottle – 1
- Small wash towel – 1
- Duggle Bag – 1 to put your things in during trekking.
- Trekking boots – 1 pair
- Sandal or walking shoes – 1 pear to put on while in camp.
- Required toiletries
- Socks for trekking and for warm one for camp.
- Shirts and T-shirt at your needs.
- Sun cream of 15 SPF – 1 piece