All inclusive price0.00 USD
|Max. Altitude:||3,020m / 9,908ft.||Walking Per Day:||5 - 7 Hours|
|Nature:||Hotel + Lodge + Camping||Grade:|
|Best Season:||Spring / Autumn / Winter||Group Size:||2 - 15 People|
This extraordinary trek takes you from Rara Lake, Nepal’s biggest lake, to Khaptad National Park, a hidden gem in Far West Nepal. The serenely beautiful Rara Lake is surrounded by snow-capped mountains and thick pine forests. It is a stunning sight, especially on a still day when the mountains and clouds reflect in the tranquil waters. Khaptad offers you a beautiful variety of landscapes, with rolling green hills, moorlands, steep slopes and streams. 567 species of flora have been recorded in this protected area, including rhododendron forests, oak and pine forests.
From the park you can see the Api and Saipal Himalayan ranges. Khaptad is great for spotting wildlife and birds, with 23 species of mammals and 287 types of birds. Mammal species symbolic of the park are leopard, Himalayan black bear, wild dog and musk deer. Bird species include the beautiful Impeyan pheasant (danphe; Nepal’s national bird), Peregrin falcon, the white rumped vulture and many types of partridges, flycatchers, bulbuls, cuckoos and eagles. Go into the wild and venture through thick forests, alpine landscapes and remote mountain villages which have seen very few tourists. This is a perfect trek for the adventurer looking for a real wilderness experience. The accommodation on this trek is a mix of camping and basic teahouses. In the winter season please check with a your travel agency if teahouses are open.
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, Our representative will pick you up from airport and transfer to 3 star category hotel. In the evening, there will be a welcome dinner and short briefing.
Nepalgunj is the town which is situated on the south-west Nepal border with India. From Kathmandu domestic airport it will take an hour to land at Nepalgunj airport.
Overnight : Hotel
Take a flight to Talcha of Mugu early in the morning. The flight, which offers you views of amazing landscapes of the mid-western region, takes around 45 minutes. After breakfast at one of the hotels and start trek toward Rara Lake. The trek takes around three and half hours. After a walk of just an hour, we can see changes in landscape and vegetation. After a walk of about an hour, we see first view of Rara Lake.The lake is deep blue in color and as we walk we see the color pattern changing. Our accommodation is at the campsite situated at the banks of Rara Lake, tough there is one hotel at the bank of Rara.
A short hike to Murmatop is possibly the best way to enjoy breathtaking views of Rara – Nepal's largest lake. Along with Rara Lake, Murmatop also offers magnificent view of Kanjirowa Mountains. Trekkers are suggested to take packed food with them as there are no few hotels and eateries in Murmatop. The hike, which takes around three to four hours, passes through a small village. It would be better to start downhill walk early as the campsite at the banks of Rara Lake offers beautiful views of sunset. In the evening, trekkers can enjoy moonrise and also see stars reflected in the pristine waters of Rara Lake.
Rara Lake lies at an altitude of 2,990 m (9,810 ft) above sea level, has a water surface of 10.8 km2 (4.2 sq mi), a maximum depth of 167 m (548 ft), is 5.1 km (3.2 mi) long and 2.7 km (1.7 mi) wide.Rara Lake, being surrounded by Rara National Park, has unique floral and faunal importance with rare and vulnerable species. The park was established in 1976 to preserve the beauty of the lake and protect it from sedimentation and adverse human activities. The Park flora consists of 1074 species, of which 16 are endemic to Nepal; the fauna includes 51 species of mammals and 214 species of birds.
Overnight Stay at Tent.
Walk on the fifth day is mostly downhill. We head to toward Khaytad following the Khaytad River, the walk is mostly downhill until Murma. There are big pasturelands in Murma.
After about few of hours, we reach Jhaudi Khola for lunch. There are big caves around the lunch site. An hour walk from Jhaudi Khola takes us to Bapani (2,528m), a small village inhabited by Bhramins and Chhetris. There are some teashops and lodges in Bopani. After passing a village called Jam (2,173m) and Masane we reach Sirkot.
Overnight Stay at Tent.
On this day the trek progresses toward Ranakot. After a walk of about an hour through, trek progress through Upper Kharka, Lower Kharka and Khadgi Mela to Majchaur (1,825m). From here we have to cross many suspension bridges and come across many waterfalls cascading down the hills into the river. After some hours trail we get the first view of Karnali River. The Khaytad Khola, which we had followed for about three days, meets Karnali River in this village. After a walk of about an hour along the Karnali River, we reach our campsite at Jugala (The last Camp in MUGU district). The campsite offers great view of Karnali River.
Overnight Stay at Tent.
After breakfast, we cross the Karnali River on a suspension bridge and enter Bajura district. After a trek of about two hours form Kurane Jugala, we reach Alange Chaur (1082m). There are a few houses and lodges in Alange Chaur. Another some minutes walk we reach to Chulighat Badhu for Lunch. From Chulighat, we can cross the Karnali River and enter Kalikot district. The trek progresses along the banks of Kundana River & A two-hour walk through Badhu Matela (1,240m), Pipal Dali (1.293m) and Raut Badhu, we reach Partola (1,208m) from Partola it takes 35min to reach our destination : Kolti.
Overnigh Stay at Tent.
The walk on the eighth day is mostly uphill. We pass through Kumarkot (1466m), Ser Katiya, Samal and Ananda Nagar. After 2 hours walking we reach Paurekhe Khad (2544m). There are few tea shops in Paurekhe Khad. The trial is narrow and slippery. After an hour's walk from Paurekhe Khad, we reach the Parkeh Lekh hilltop (2700m) Now walking for 2 more hours we take our lunch. After lunch, we trek downhill along the Budhi Nandi River to Martdai (1,897). Martadi is the main market area for four districts -- Bajura, Bajhang, Doti and Accham. It also has regular power supply.
Overnight Stay at Lodge.
After leaving Martdai, we reach Goatwall Bata from where we follow the Bauli River to reach Saleghat (1,362m). A half-hour walk from Saleghat takes us to Rapak (1308m). Another some hour-long walk from Khudi takes us to Surkha Bazaar which is also known as Aatichaur. From here, the trek passes along Dhane Bagar Khola and we reach Buda Bada (1,974m) through Oli Gaun. An uphill climb for an hour takes us to Lama Gaun (2,023m). After crossing Dhane Bagar Khola, we reach Chede Daha (2,159m). It is situated on top of a small hill. An hour walk from Chede Daha talks us to Dogadi village.
Overnight Stay at Lodge.
After taking breakfast we walk several hours and reach Tham (2,183m) through Rampur (2,053m). Rampur lies on the border of Bajhang and Bajura districts. We leave Bajhang and start trek toward Bajura district. The trail passes through dense forests. Guliya Chaur (2,610m) is the first destination after we leave Rampur. Guliya Chaur is a pastureland and we feel that Khaptad is welcoming us. After a walk of about an hour from Guliya Chaur, we reach Laske Chaur which lies inside Khaptad National Park.
Overnight Stay at Tent.
This is the explorer day at Khaptad, . As we will be traveling inside the national park, we will be rewarded with the views of different wildlife and bird species. After lunch, the trek passes through grasslands for three hours until we reach the headquarters of the Khaptad National Park. There are excellent campsites near the park headquarters.
The day will be spent by visiting places in and around the park headquarters like the ashram of Khaptad Baba and the temples of Shiva and Ganesh, and Nagdhunga and Kedardhunga in Tribeni.
Overnight Stay at Tent.
We leave forest area after a walk of around an hour from park headquarters. After walk of around two hours from the park headquarters, we reach Lekhda (2493m). On reaching on Lamtada we will have lunch and continues our trail.
After lunch, we cross Sunar village following an irrigation canal. We reach Fulbari after about one and half hours walk from Sunar via Jimkot (1456m). After a walk of about 3 hours through Jadri Ghat, Aaucheli Bagar, Tala Bagar, Khati and Khairadi, we reach Tamil (1130m). From Tamil, regular bus services are available to different parts of the country.
Overnight Stay at Tent / Lodge
We board a Dhangadhi-bound bus early in the morning. The bus takes around 9 hours to reach Dhangadhi – the commercial center of the far-western region. Dhangadhi has number of good hotels and lodges.
Regular flights to Kathmandu are available from Dhangadhi.
If you want to take surface transport, regular bus services are available from Dhangadhi to Kathmandu.
On this Day you will visit around Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] assiting by professional guide.
Our representative will drop you to the International airport for you final departure, back to you home land.
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 3 nights sharing twin bed room at hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis.
- Hotel in Nepalgunj & Dhangadi : 1 night hotel in Nepalgunj and in Dhangadi sharing twin bed room.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
- Permit: All necessary paper works: Rara and Khaptad National Park entry permit, TIMS permit & its fees.
- Insurance: Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek.
- Trekking Map: Rara and Khaptad area Trekking map.
- Member transportation:
-Domestic Flights: Flght from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and another Flight from Nepalgunj to Talcha Airport. WHILE RETURNING : Flight from Dhangadi to Kathmandu.
-Land Transportation : Drive from Bajhang to Dhangadi.
- Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
- All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- Lodging & Fooding: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation sharing twin bed room at Hotel/Lodge/Camping during the trek.
- Drinking: 2 liters boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- Guide: Local government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight seeing in Kathmandu valley.
- Porter: Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Valley Sightseeing: Sight seeing in Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by professional guide.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- All appliciable taxes and service charges.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Boiled water, beer, coke, and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears & Equipment.
- Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
- $15 usd for extra porter per day (If extra porter demanded).
- Tips: Tips for Guide, porters and staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.