All inclusive price0.00 USD
|Max. Altitude:||4,870m / 15,978ft.||Walking Per Day:||5 - 6 Hours|
|Nature:||Hotel + Lodge + Camping||Grade:|
|Best Season:||Spring / Autumn||Group Size:||2 - 15 People|
Makalu Base Camp Trekking :The fifth highest mountain in the world, Mount Makalu lies at the elevation of 8463m. It is situated in the Makalu Barun National Park, which covers an area of 2330 sq. km extending around the Solukhumbu and Sankhuwasabha districts of Nepal. And, the panorama of the highest mountain in the world such as Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Chamlang, Makalu and other mountains greets you.
Makalu base camp trek can be fairly challenging in some parts depending upon your level of physical fitness. Outstanding scenery of Makalu Base Camp Trek’s route significantly provides unique cultural heritage and incredible views of mountain peaks. The trek begins with a flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar of Mid-eastern Nepal for half an hour’s. The trail to Makalu Base Camp Trek envelops plain, sub tropical valley of Arun River basin to extraordinary temperate passes called Keke La pass (4230m) and Tutu La pass (4200m), many edges ascend up from the Barun River valley which is off the beaten mid hill trails.
Gurung, Rai and Sherpa are the main habitants in this area. The trails follows the beautiful Barun river valley in the Makalu Barun National Park, crossing Shipton pass (4127 m) before arriving at Makalu Base Camp , from here views of the south face of Makalu, as well as Everest and Lhotse are really amazing. Also, you will have unbelievable view of mountain, glacier lake and Hungu valley.
Arrival to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel (1,400m)
Sight Seeing around Kathmandu Valley
Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and drive to Num (1,560m)
Trek from Num to Sheduwa (1,510m): Camping
Trek from Sheduwa to Tashi Gaun (2,070m): Camping
Acclimatization at Tashi Gaun (rest day): camping
Trek from Tashi Gaun to Khongma (3,760m): Camping
Trek from Khongma to Mumbuk (3,520m): Camping
Trek from Mumbuk to Nehe Kharka (4,320m): Camping
Trek from Nehe Kharka to Makalu Base Camp (4,870m)
Trek from MaKalu Base Camp to Yangle Kharka : Camping
Trek from Yangle Kharka to Khongma: Camping
Trek from Khongma to Sheduwa: Camping
Trek from Sheduwa to Num and drive to Khadbari
Drive from Khandbari to Tumlingtar and Fly to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departure
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 3 nights sharing twin bed room at hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
- Permit: All necessary paper works: Makalu Barun National Park permit, TIMS permit & conservation entry fee.
- Insurance: Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek.
- Trekking Map: Makalu Region Trekking map.
- Member transportation:
Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmanduu - Tumlingtar - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
Land Transportation: Drive Tumlingtar to Num and While Returning : Num to Tumlingtar
- Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
- Lodging & Fooding: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation sharing twin bed room at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- Drinking: Fresh juice and 2 liters boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- Guide: Local government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight seeing in Kathmandu valley.
- Porter: Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Valley Sightseeing: Sight seeing in Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by professional guide.
- Comprehensive Medical kit for group.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, hot shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages & soft drinks, beer, coke, and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears & Equipment.
- Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
- $15 usd for extra porter per day (If extra porter demanded).
- Tips: Tips for Guide, porters and staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.