MAKALU EXPD ( 8463 M )
Makalu, the fifth highest peak of the world rises to 27,765 feet (8,463 meters) locating in the eastern Himalays, Nepal. This beautiful and impressive massive is situated just 14 miles east of Mount Everest. Its size alone is impressive and its perfect pyramid structure with four sharp ridges which makes this mountain most spectacular.
Makalu, the fifth highest peak of the world rises to 27,765 feet (8,463 meters) locating in the eastern Himalays, Nepal. This beautiful and impressive massive is situated just 14 miles east of Mount Everest. Its size alone is impressive and its perfect pyramid structure with four sharp ridges which makes this mountain most spectacular. Makalu is actually a double peak. The subsidary peak rising just north of the main summit connected by a saddle is called Chomolonzo (25,650 ft.) It is interesting to note that the summit ridge is the demarcation point indicating the border between Nepal on the Southern side and Tibet to the North.
The name of the mountain was probably taken from the Sanskrit word Maha-Kala, which means Big Black and is a by-name of Shiva - one of the most important gods of Hinduism. Shiva is sometimes an evil, cruel destroyer but at other times he tends to be gentle and kind-hearted. The mountain has another name in the local dialect - Kumba karna, which means The Giant.
Makalu has proved to be a challenging climb, as only five of its first sixteen attempts were successful. To date, there have been a total of 206 successful ascents of Makalu and a total of 22 fatalities.
Prior to its first ascent in 1955, it was admired and studied by several Everest expeditions, but like a lot of other giants in the Khumbu region, it was not attempted until the summit of Everest was first ascended in 1954.
(Day 01): Pickup from Airport and transfer to hotel
(Day 02): Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
(Day 03): Flight Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and drive to Num (1560 M)
(Day 05): Trek Num to Sheduwa (1500m)
(Day 06): Trek Sheduwa to Tashi Goun (2100m)
(Day 07): Rest Day in Tashi Gaon.
(Day 08): Trek Tashi Goun to Khongma (3760m)
(Day 09): Trek Khongma to Mumbuk (3520m)
(Day 10): Trek Mumbuk to Nehe Kharka (4320 m)
(Day 11): Trek Nehe Kharka to Langma Le
(Day 12): Trek Langma Le to Makalu BC
(Day 13): Rest day at BC
(Day 14): Rest day at BC / Acclimatize
(Day 15): Trek to Makalu Base Camp to ABC
(Day 16-44): Climbing Period
(Day 45): Trek BC to Merak
(Day 46): Trek Merak to Mubuk
(Day 47): Trek Mubuk to Tashigau
(Day 48): Trek Tashigau to Num
(Day 49): Drive Num to Tumlingtar.
(Day 50): Flight Tumlingtar to Kathmandu
(Day 51): Free Day In Kathmandu
(Day 52): Final Departure Back to Home Country
(01) Arrival & Departure: Airport transfers-Airport/Hotel/Airport
(02) Hotel In Kathmandu : 4 nights hotel in Katmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room
(03) Domestic flight: Kathmandu -Tumlingtar – KTm with domestic Airport Tax
(04) Expedition cargo : Kathmandu/Tumlingtar/Kathmandu by domestic airlines or local transport.
(05) Transportation: Necessary Transportation From Kathmandu/Base Camp/Kathmandu for all Member and Staffs
(06) Permit : Mt. Makalu Expedition Permit +Makalu Conservation fees and other local permits as required
(07) Garbage Management : Stool Shipment Transfer, Garbage Deposit fees
(08) Lodging & Fooding : Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base camp for member & Staffs
(09) Cargo Clearance : International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes
(10) Liaison Officer : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary ,accommodation .
(11) Base Camp Staff: 1 Base camp Cook & necessary kitchen Helper
(12) Porter : Necessary Porters per member up to BC & Porters return from BC
(13) Staff Salary and allowance : All Nepali staffs & porters daily wages/equipment/food/clothing with
(14) Insurance : All Staffs Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance
(15) Member Luggage : 60 Kg per member for personal baggage
(16) Base camp Dome Tent : 1 VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
(17) Base camp Tents: Base camp foam mattresses, Dinning/Kitchen/Toilet/Store
Tent/Hot shower /Tables & chairs, Cooking gears,
(18) Heater : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp
(19) Light : 1 Solar panel for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
(20) Dinner: 01 Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Nepalese Staff
(21) Generator: 01 Generator at Base camp for Computer and other electronic similar devices.
(22) Hot drinking water : Hot drinking water for cold nights.
* SERVICE 1 - 22 IS FOR BASE CAMP SERVICE MEMBER *
(23) Internet Service at Base Camp: 01 Swiss Immersat will be provided for Internet service at Base camp (Chargeable as per use) with Joining group of Seven Summit Treks / Email for sending and receiving will cost extra.
(24) Weather Forecast : Weather forecast from Meteotest ,Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
(25) Oxygen: (O2)-Poisk cylinder: 04 Oxygen(O2) cylinder for each Member 01 for each High Altitude Sherpa. Extra oxygen for emergencies stored at Base camp.
(26) High Tent: Necessary VE25 North Face High Tent for Member and High Altitude Sherpa
(27) Mask & Regulator : 01 Set of top Out mask / Summit for each member and high altitude Sherpa
(28) Permit : Satellite Phone /walkie talkie Phone if necessary in basis of Member
(29) Walki Talkie - Walkie Talkie as needed on the basis of Member
(30) High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: 1 Climbing Sherpa per Member
(31) High camp service: Necessary Cooking gas, Cooking pot for Member, Tents for high camp, high food and fixing gear (C1) (C2) (C3) ( C4 )
* SERVICE 1 - 31 IS FOR FULL BOARD SERVICE MEMEBR *
(01) Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & Dinner during stay in Katmandu and Hotel more then 4 nights in Kathmandu.
(02) Insurance: Travel and High Altitude Insurance /Accident/Medical/emergency evacuation
(03) Personal Expenses: Telephone , Internet , Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Personal equipment and shopping
(04) Nepalese Visa Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days ( to be applied for 100 days US$ 100)
(05) Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips : Sherpa Summit bonus US$1200 ,please calculate some tips for cook and kitchen staff
(06) Extra porter: If Extra porter needed more , then US$ 120 for extra porter up to Base Camp per 30 kgs
(07) Rescue Evacuation : Emergency rescue evacuation cost ,if needed and all other personal nature expenses
|1||DOWN SUITS ( DANGRI )||1 PIECCE|
|2||SUMMIT SHOES ( CLIMBING BOOT )||1 PAIR|
|3||TREKKING SHOES ( WALKING SHOES )||1 PAIR|
|4||SLEEPING BAGS ( - 40 )||1 PIECE|
|6||SUMMIT SNOW GOGGLES||1 PIECE|
|7||SUMMIT GLOVES ( MITTEN )||1 PAIR|
|8||NORMAL GLOVES||2 PAIR|
|9||GLACIER GLASSES ( SUN GLASS )||1 PIECE|
|10||ICE AXE||1 SET|
|12||JUMAR ( INDEX )||1 PIECE|
|14||DOWN FILLED MATTRESS ( AIR MATTRESS ) - 38||1 PIECE|
|15||SUMMIT SHOCKS ( 2 PAIRS )||2 PAIR|
|16||CLIMBING BAG ( 40 LTR )||1 PIECE|
|17||CLIMBING HELMET||1 PIECE|
|18||DOWN JACKET||1 PIECE|
|19||DOWN TROUSER||1 PIECE|
|20||FIGURE OF 8 ( DESCENDER )||1 PIECE|
|21||HEAD LAMP ( ICON )||1 PIECE|
|22||GORTEX JACKET||1 PIECE|
|23||GORTEX TROUSER||1 PIECE|
|24||WIND PROOF JACKET||1 PIECE|
|25||FLECE JACKET ( 2 PCS )||1 PIECE|
|26||FLECE TROUSER||1 PIECE|
|27||FLECE INNER GLOVES||1 PAIR|
|28||SCREWGATE CARABINEER ( ROCK LOCK )||1 PIECE|
|29||TERMOS WATTER BOTTLE||1 PIECE|
|30||NORMAL WATER BOTTLE||1 PIECE|
|31||TAPE SLING||1 PIECE|
|32||TREKKING PANTS||2 PIECE|
|33||NECK WARMER||2 PIECE|
|34||HEAD GEAR||1 PIECE|
|35||SUNSCREEN CREAM 50 SPF||1 PIECE|
|36||LIP GUARD||2 PIECE|
|37||DESERT CAP||1 PIECE|
|38||SWISS KNIFE||1 PIECE|
|39||TREKKING POLES||1 PAIR|
|40||DUFFLE BAGS||2 PIECE|