Cho La Pass Via Everest Base Camp
Gokyo & Kalapathar via Cho La Pass is one of Nepal's most famous trek to the Khumbu Mountains & Sherpa country. After a magnificent mountain flight to Lukla, we follow the Dudh Kosi valley to Namche Bazaar.
Gokyo & Kalapathar via Cho La Pass is one of Nepal's most famous trek to the Khumbu Mountains & Sherpa country. After a magnificent mountain flight to Lukla, we follow the Dudh Kosi valley to Namche Bazaar. The trail to Gokyo is a gradual ascent up the valley passing through patches of birch and rhododendron forest where the elusive musk deer can sometimes be seen. Through small yak-grazing settlements we reach the Gokyo lakes where we climb the Gokyo Peak (5480m) and enjoy stunning summit mountain scenery including Everest, Makalu and Cho Oyo. After the Cho La pass, we reach Dzongla.
The views of Ama Dablam and Taweche are spectacular. After the Zhongla ascent, we continue towards Gorak Shep and climb to Kala Pathar (5545m) from where we enjoy an impressive up-close view of Everest. Our return route passes through Tengboche, a magnificent location with a fascinating monastery, where we rest and savor the incredible scenery, including magnificent views of Everest, Ama Dablam (6856m), Kantega (6809m), Kwangde (6194m), Nuptse (7879m), Lhotse (8511m) and many more…
Day 01: Pick up from Airport then overnight at Hotel
Day 02: Early morning flight to Lukla (40min.), after breakfast trek to Phakding 2640m 3.30hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Namche bazaar 3440m 5hrs.
Day 04: Today is a rest day, however, we should do some activities such as to climb Syangboche airport, visit Sherpa home in khumjung/Khunde or view from Everest view point Hotel 2hr. Namche bazaar has many officials or offices, including army base camp and bank. Namche used to be trading center, where grain from the south was exchanged for salt from Tibet and it remains now a trading center. Every Saturday is market day. There is headquarter of Sagarmatha National park & Sagarmatha pollution controlled Project. Here is sherpa Museum & monasteries too.
Day 05: Trek to – Sangnasa 3597m follow upper path – Mong-La 3962m – Phorse Thanga 3643m - Dole 4084m 6.30hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Luzza 4390m – Machharma 4450m 4hrs.
Day 07: Acclimatization day, safe energy for further trekking.
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo 4791m 4.30hrs.
Day 09: Early morning climb to Gokyo Ri 5483m 2/3hrs and after breakfast trek to Thangna 4690m 3.30hrs.
Day 10: Early morning start to climb Cho-la Pass (5480m), the most important part of trek, reach Dzongla 4860m 6/8 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Lobuche 4900m 3.30hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Gorapshep 5170m 3.30hrs. After lunch journey to Everest Base Camp 3hrs
Day 13: Morning to see Majestic view from Kalapather 2/3hrsm back trek to Lobuche – Dhugla – Dingboche 4400m 5hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Tengboche 3786m 4.30hrs, to visit Monastery.
Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazar 3440m 4.30hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Phakding 2640m 4hrs.
Day 17: Trek to Lukla 2840m 3hrs.
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu and sight seeing in Kathamndu valley O/N
Day 19: In Kathmandu, this is a cushion day that has been built into the itinerary: this day may be used for shopping, O/N Hotel
Day 20: Depart from Kathmandu
01. All land transportation by private vehicle, (Airport /Hotel/Airport & trekking pick up & drop).
02. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu (3 star Hotel in Thamel)
03. Welcome dinner with Nepali culture programs.
04. 3 Major meals; B/L/D (by Lodge menu) and accommodation at best available teahouse lodge and tented camp during the trek.
05. Well equipped English speaking trekking guide, necessary supporting Sherpa or Porters.
06. Life insurance for all support crews and their daily wages.
07. Per member 30 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking (if more than 30 Kg then cost will be charged extra 10 Euro or 12 US $ per day for a porter).
08. Trekkers’ Information Management System “TIMS" (Trekking permit), National Park permits or Conservation permits; Fees.
09. Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
10. All Official taxes and service charge.
01. Personal transportation except above programs.
02. Meals during your stay in Kathmandu.
03. Personal trekking gears.
04. Personal Nature expenses.
05. Emergency evacuation (If in case).
06. Drinks except tea and coffee during trekking
07. Personal travel insurance.
08. Tips for support crew’s after the trip.
01. Sleeping bag,
02. Down jacket,
03. Trekking poles,
04. Sun and cold cream,
05. Woolen hat,
06. Hand gloves,
07. long sleeves cotton hiking shirt,
08. Daily wearing warm and normal cloths,
09. Torch light,
10. Sun glasses,