ANNAPURNA SOUTH (7219M)
Annapurna South, also called Annapurna Dakshin or Moditse, is a mountain in the Annapurna Himal range of the Himalayas, and the 101st-highest mountain in the world.
Annapurna South (also known as Annapurna Dakshin) was first climbed in 1964 by a Japanese expedition, via the North face. Also, Annapurna Dakshin was attempted by Italian team in 1988. The south face base camp is situated at 4000 meter & the advance base camp is on west bank of the glacier between Annapurna south & mount Himchuli. Climb up to the glacier is a little bit difficult gullies on all sides. The camp 1 is fixed at the 5000 meter. Camp-2 is fixed at 5970meter; and camp 3 is at 6400meter high. From Camp 3 the summit can be made.
For climbing Annapurna south seems easy from North East route of side and the base camp will be at Annapurna Sanctuary at 4300 meters.
The expedition starts from Kathmandu to Pokhara by private bus and stay over night is Pokhara, then the next day drive goes to Dhampus, then the trek stars to Pathana, a little temperate region of forested hillsides such as; Magar and Gurung villages through where the trekking route of Annapurna South face of Expedition goes. As the team move higher altitude through the rhododendron woodlands, the views of Annapurna and mount Machhapuchhre are amazing sceneries and towards the Modi River, the greenery valley’s nice views are there on the way. On reaching Ghandruk, Tadapani & Kopra pasture, our campsite remains right below the Mt. Annapurna south face. Trails go tranquilly, with a spectacular highland experiences. We set up the Base Camp there for climbing to Mt. Annapurna South. After concluding the expedition the trek backs to Pokhara leads us via Ghorepani and Poon hill where you can envisage one of the most famous panoramic views of mount Annapurna and Dhaulagiri rage.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer hotel
Day 02-03: Prepare for Expedition .
Day 04: Drive to Pokhara and transfer to hotel
Day 05: Drive Dhampus & trek to Pathana- lodge
Day 06: Pathana, Ghandruk to New Bridge - lodge
Day 07: Trek New bridge to Sinuwa Danda- lodge
Day 08: Sinuwa Danda to Himalayan hotel lodge
Day 09: Himalayan Hotel to Machapuchre B.C.
Day 10: Machapuchre BC- Annapurna South BC-camp
Day 11-30: Climbing Annapurna South 7,219m
Day 31: Trek Annapurna South BC- Himalayan hotel
Day 32: Himalayan Hotel - Chomorong village lodge
Day 33: Chomorong village to Pathana lodge / hotel
Day 34: Pathana to Dhampus, drive to Pokhara hotel
Day 35: Drive to Kathmandu from Pokhara and hotel
Day 35: Transfer hotel to airport for final departure
01. Arrival and departure : Airport transfers ( Airport /Hotel/ Airport )
02. Hotel in Kathmandu : 4night in Kathmandu 3 star Hotel on bed and breakfast Basis Double –Room
03. Permit : Climbing permit for Annapurna South 7219 M Expedition .
04. Transportation : Kathmandu - Pokhara - kathmandu
05. Liasion Officer : 1 Government liaison officer with full salary, accommodation and equipment .
06. Heater : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp
07. Light : 1 Solar panel for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
08. Lodging & Fooding : Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base camp for member & Staffs
09. Base Camp Staff : Base camp Cook & kitchen HelperBase camp equipment : Base campfoam Mattresses, dinning, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & Cooking gears
10. Base Tent : VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
11. Dinner: one Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Nepalese Staff
01. Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in Katmandu Hotel stay and more then 4 nights in Kathmandu Hotel
02. Insurance : Travel and high altitude insurance ,accident, medical & emergency evacuation
03. Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, personal equipment and shopping
04. Nepal's Visa: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days ( to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100)
05. Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips : Sherpa Summit bonus US$500 , please calculate some tips
06. Rescue Evacuation : Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed and all other personal nature expenses