Annapurna Base Camp Trek-13 Days
This is one of the most popular and famous trek in Nepal. It is more distinctive than any other treks due to its, rich culture, pleasant salient feature and natural scenery.
Mt. Annapurna is tenth highest peak in the world with its height of 8091m located in the western zone of Nepal. Annapurna region is protected regions and it is largest conservation area of Nepal. This area spans of 7,639sq km. Within its vicinity, lies one of the most popular trekking destinations of the world; The Annapurna Base Camp, popularly known as ABC Trek. ABC is located at the altitude of 4130m. There are three routes to ABC namely, Ghorepani-Poonhill, Ghadruk route and Dhampus – Chhomorong route. ABC was first discovered by Col. James Roberts from Britain in 1956. He was so mesmerized by its beauty hence called it as the “Sanctuary of the Gods”.
The trekking begins from city of lakes, Pokhara. We usually follow the trail through the popular Gurung Village of Ghandruk. Ghandruk is one of the most popular villages in Nepal for Homestay and Short trek. The trail consists of scenic beauty of waterfalls and rivers, dense and red forest of rhododendron following the narrow Modi khola valley. Moreover, dazzling beauty of Annapurna, Machapuchhre (Fishtail), and Himchuli attract us towards them in our walk. No technical difficulties make this trek feasible for hikers who have no trainings or any sort of experience in trekking. There are lodge set out in every checkpoints. We walk for around 5-7 hours and stop by at lodge and continue trekking next day until reaching the destination. This route is mostly recognized for the panoramic views of Annapurna Himalayan Range.
The trek is comparatively short of 11-12 days depending upon your walking speed, however, Annapurna Base Camp Trekking route offers an expedition to explore scenes of majestic mountains and be a part of overwhelmingly rich Gurung , Magar and Thakali culture and traditions. This is the most do trek in a lifetime.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel 91,300m)
Day 02: Fly / Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (823m): Fly 30 minutes, / Drive 5-6 hours
Day 03: Drive from pokhara to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk (1,940m)
Day 04: Trek from Ghandruk to Chhomrong (2,170m)
DAY 05: Trek from Chhomrong to Bamboo (2310m)
Day 06: Trek from Bamboo to Deurali (3,230m)
Day 07: Trek from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4,130m) via Machhapuchhre Base Camp (3,700m)
Day 08: Trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo
Day 09: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1,760m): Hot Spring
Day 10: Trek from Jhinu to Naya Pul and drive to Pokhara
Day 11: Fly / Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu & transfer to the Hotel.
Day 12: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley.
Day 13: Transfer to International Airport for final departure
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 3 nights sharing twin bed room at hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
- Hotel in Pokhara: 2 nights sharing twin bed room at hotel in Pokhara on bed & breakfast Basis.
- Permit: All necessary paper works: Annapurna Conservation area permit, TIMS permit & conservation entry fee.
- Insurance: Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek.
- Trekking Map: Annapurna Region Trekking map.
- Member transportation:
- Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Pokhara and while returning Pokhara - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- Land Transportation: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara and while returning Pokhara to Kathmandu (by tourist vehicles).
- Drive by private/tourist vehicle: Pokhara - Nayapul – Pokhara.
- Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
- Lodging & Fooding: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- Guide: Local government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight seeing in Kathmandu valley.
- Porter: Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Valley Sightseeing: Sight seeing in Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by professional guide.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara city (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu/Pokhara: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Sight seeing in Pokhara City in not included, on your own you can visit around Lakeside.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Boiled water, beer, coke, and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears & Equipment.
- Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
- $15 usd for extra porter per day (If extra porter demanded).
- Tips: Tips for Guide, porters and staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.